This may just be the initial wave of witnesses. There are many others, according to their lawyers, who wish to testify, but do not have the same level of courage as these brave souls. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa said,
Our committee has been contacted by numerous other individuals who have direct knowledge of the Benghazi terrorist attack, but are not yet prepared to testify. In many cases their principal reticence of appearing in public is their concern of retaliation at the hands of their respective employers. While we may yet add additional witnesses, this panel will certainly answer some questions and leave us with many new ones.
These witness are no slouches. Here are their names and credentials are as follows:
- Mark Thompson
- Joined the State Department in 1996
- Deputy Coordinator in the State Department's Counter-terrorism Bureau (2006)
- Gregory Hicks – next to Chris Stephens he was the top diplomat in the country!
- Libyan Deputy Chief at the U.S. Embassy
- Multiple Awards throughout career
- Served 6 oversees assignments
- Eric Nordstrom – top security officer prior to the attack
- Diplomatic Security Officer
- Former Regional Security Officer in Libya
- Previously testified at House Oversight Hearing
Here is Recap of the some Major Questions with the Benghazi Cover-Up
- Should the State Department have given better support to this area, considering the requests for additional support?
- Should we have heightened security on 9/11?
- Why wasn't a plane or the troops sent in to support the embassy after the first attack?
- Why did the Obama Administration continue to proclaim this was a spontaneous attack, in reaction to a video, when they had plenty of information that disputed that position?
- Who changed the talking points for Susan Rice before she went on five Sunday talk shows?
- Why have none of the witnesses been allowed to come forward prior to this time?
I wish I could add – why didn't the press cover this issue? But that is not a matter of the House Oversight Committee to investigate. Rather it is a matter for all freedom loving Americans to consider.